Sunday, October 2, 2011

We are (not) dancing

To give a little bit of context, I had started Jazz dance in my final year at IIT with Danceworx. That was my first encounter with any Western form of dance (solo) and I was really loving it. Although I wasn't exceptionally good, but I used to stay for extra hours and was a sincere student so I was even considered for promotion to the 2nd level after 4 months. But I had to leave Delhi so I had to leave Danceworx then.

Then I went to Mumbai and joined Danceworx there as well.. but it wasn't great there. First of all there was a space crunch (like everywhere else in Mumbai) and secondly the instructor was self-obsessed and so she was never able to comment/advise on how well we were doing. And I did not see any growth in my dancing even after 3 months. So I quit there and was not able to find any other school after that.

After coming to Bangalore, I thought I will just go to any Jazz class and will at least keep in touch. So after being in Bangalore for 2 months, I just browsed Justdial and based on proximity + reviews, I decided to join Swingers. It was very close, only about 1-1.5km from my home. And it turned out to be awesome! I came to know that I'm just lucky to stay close by, people come from as far as 15km as well. And it is absolutely amazing, although it is not a big brand like Danceworx but the instructors there are really top class. It has been 4 months now and everyday I used to look forward to the next class.

But the reason I am sad and the reason I am writing this post is because I have missed the 6th class in a row today :( The classes are only on Saturday and Sunday, which means I have not gone there for around 20 days now. I don't know how I could have avoided. So the first weekend I missed was because of Thailand trip organized by Google. Now obviously I wouldn't miss a trip like this for 2 dance classes. Then next weekend, three of my oldest friends were coming over to Bangalore from three different places. Now, I could have gone for the classes, like we were in town all the time and were at home as well. But I just thought it would be too selfish on my part. They had only come for 2 days and I also had to go to a family function in between for 3 hours. So I thought they would not understand if I now sayI can't even miss a dance class.

Then this weekend I was at my cousin's place. My chachi's daughter lives here and my chachi had come this weekend to meet her. Yesterday we went shopping, we had left at 10 in the morning and I thought I would finish in time to attend my class. But we were not done and then again I did not want to say that I am leaving in between. So yesterday's class got missed and what to say about today, I just got lazy! :(
I know it is not such a big deal but the worse part is that I will attend the next 2 classes (hopefully) and then miss all classes till 3rd November as I'm going home. I'm really disappointed, I used to love going there and I'm missing the place like anything. Let me post some part of this song.. I just love the way the dancers are moving on releve in the video..

When the going starts to get rough
And you feel like you've had enough
Let the music take control of your soul
Take a chance and do what you feel
Your a force they cannot live without it
You gotta break the chain yeah yeah

There's a passion inside
An inner strength that drives
Can't nobody take that away from you
It's the greatest high
You set the floor on fire when you come alive

And we're dancin'
And it feels alright
I can't control my desire
And we're dancin'
And it feels alright
Yeah
And we're dancin'
And it feels alright
Can't hold me down
Gotta reach for the sky
And we're dancin'
And it feels alright
Yeah

1 comment:

simplYme said...

Dont worry dear...the passion inside matters...you would absorb every bit of it and bask, in the next week's classes !! :D
Good Luck for your Dancing!! Miss you !!