Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Story IV

There are 2 types of people - Individualistics (I) and Collectivists (V). Basically I's are the one's who seek pleasure within themselves, not that they are Introverts, not at all. They interact in groups, they like hanging out, they also want to be around people but they don't seek approval and security from outside. They are happy being what they are and doing what they do. They like to take decisions without consulting too many people. Generally, these people gel with others nicely but are seldom part of one set group. They are independent thinkers and think that being in a group makes you dependent, bound and restricted.

On the other hand, V's are those that seem to be lost if they are not associated with any group. They want to always be with 'their' people around. Most of their decisions would go through that one group. The are often more flexible and adjusting people. Again, these can be introverts very well or be extremely extroverts.

Now both have their own positives and negatives. Where I's are often fast decision makers, more ambitious in life, they are often perceived as cold, rigid and detached. Similarly Vs are more composed, patient, caring but can be perceived as slow, dependent and too emotional.

Anyways my purpose of writing this blog was that I have identified that Im a big I and just wanted to share my observations...

1 comment:

Sanjay Jain said...

Nice analysis.
Another way of thinking about it is as follows:
When I need to be in a group because I can not do it alone, it is dependence. When I start thinking and acting on my own, it is independence. When I become effective at getting synergistic outcome in a group, it is interdependence.
One can not try to be interdependent untill she is independent.