Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bye bye Mumbai..

So finally after a few sleepless nights and loads of anxiety, I am going to join Google Bangalore :) What a relief !!! Really can't express this feeling in words.. Now that it is a 'bye-bye' to Mumbai it is a mixed emotion.. It's not that I didn't like the city.. it has a unique culture of love, acceptance and a lot of positive energy. I always felt at home here although I had no relatives here. Most Mumbaikers are strugglers in some way but they are always happy and helping others in their struggle.. The closeness to the sea is the best thing.. however stressed out you maybe but if you spend some time near the sea, you are relaxed as if the waves have taken all your problems away... a very soothing feeling.. a friend once said "the sea waves make such a noise but still everything is so calm here" I really love that thought..
But you know I was kindof tired of the city...especially the struggle part of it.. the crude nature of Mumbai takes a lot of effort from a North Indian to get settled.. The area where I was living is Malad West which ;ies in the Western suburbs. Unlike the plush Bandra, Worli etc this place was quite 'small town' type and I was having a hard time coping up with the kachra, smell, traffic and pollution.
So that is why mixed feelings.. today is my last day here and I'm looking forward to my new destination: Bangalore :)